AAC Engineering is seeking a Structural Engineering Consultant with a focus on Aircraft Structural Engineering. Keen insight into applied structural engineering solutions and reporting in a manner that allows clients to achieve defined outcomes is essential.
To be successful in this position, the candidate must have the demonstrated ability to strategically plan workflows and be results-oriented. The ideal candidate will be experienced in handling a wide range of tasks with integrity and quality while maintaining project schedules. They must be adept at working independently with little or no supervision and in team/group settings.
- Detailed working knowledge of large transport aircraft structural design and installation practices for compliance to code or regulatory authority.
- Comprehensive knowledge of aircraft structural design.
- Ability to technically support the implementation of complex engineered structural installations.
- Develop technical substantiation required to meet applicable requirements (e.g. 14 CFR regulations, customer policy requirements, etc.)
- Evaluate current industry activities to understand issues, and participate in the process of specification development, and policy development as business needs allow.
- Manage and prioritize multiple projects within design specifications and budget limitations
- Partner with internal, vendor and customer teams to participate in the project specification process, and ensure the successful completion/implementation of assignments. (Note: travel will be required)
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested.
- Minimum Education: Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical/Aerospace/Civil Engineering or equivalent (4+ years) combined education and applicable training.
- Minimum Field of Expertise: Structural Engineering.
- Minimum Experience: 4 Years
- Preferred Experience: 8+ Years
- Has a passion for coaching & mentoring engineers and a desire to help level up those around you.
- Proficiency as Macintosh OSX and/or Windows 10/7 Operating systems, and MS Office products end user essential.
- Familiarity with Google Apps, CAD systems (SolidWorks, AutoCAD, Revit, etc.) and database systems.
- Project Management – Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
- Managing People – Includes staff in planning and decision-making processes; Develops subordinates’ skills and encourages growth; Seeks to improve processes, products and services.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems time efficiently; Gathers and analyzes information; Develops solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively; Listens and gets clarification when necessary; Responds informatively to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and concisely; Edits work; Varies writing style to meet specific needs; Presents data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality. Acute attention to detail.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Able to handle frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Computer Proficiency – General software end-user learning aptitude essential.
- Acumen – the ability to make good judgements quickly.
ABOUT AAC ENGINEERING
Our highly talented engineers develop solutions that directly answer our client’s most critical questions. They come alongside to get the project completed in a timely, thorough way with excellence and integrity. This allows our clients to focus on their tasks and keeps the momentum moving in the right direction. We use the latest equipment & software to complete our projects, we are not afraid to invest in the best resources in order to deliver an excellent product and meet the needs of our clients. We proudly serve our clients, big or small, with the personal touch of small-business culture, taking direct responsibility for our work and its outcome.
- Flexible work schedules
- Health insurance with employer paid premiums up to 100%
- 401(k) plan
- Education reimbursement
- Profit sharing
- Flexible vacation & paid time off (PTO)
- Availability to telecommute
- Professional development
- Charitable gift matching
- Complimentary snack, coffee and tea bar